St. Louis County
St. Louis County – Multiple Locations, St. Louis County, Minnesota
Asset and Energy Management Program
CR-BPS was hired to develop an Asset and Energy Management Program for St, Louis County Minnesota. This included comprehensive Condition and Energy Assessments for all County-owned above ground structures and sites. (i.e., civic, public works, environmental services, government service centers). CR-BPS worked with the County’s Property Management Department for several years to populate their Asset and Energy Management software tool with each building’s/assets condition, site, and energy data.
CR-BPS then provided on-call forensic investigative services to assist the County with more detailed planning for capital projects to correct respective building problems.
Examples of our forensic investigative work include:
- Exterior enclosure integrity of several historic buildings
- Viability of renewable energy generation
- Energy modeling for Energy Star Certification
- Minnesota State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) demolition regulatory requirements, Location study for Public Works Tool House’s in the 4th District
- Predesign feasibility studies for consolidation of several offices.
Additionally, CR-BPS developed recommendations for corrective actions for 5- 10- and 20-year capital plans and budgets, energy conservation savings opportunities, and the basis for design of critical improvement projects that realize maximum benefits. CR-BPS continues to work with St. Louis County to provide updates and real time capital planning and energy management services.